Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Say Cheese!


It's the moment I have been waiting for forever (it seems!). Nobody but me would think this picture is more significant than any other picture in my camera (and there are TONS of this little face in my camera). Today, though, was a very special day for me and my camera. Today was the first day in a LONG time (over a year) that I have been able to get Clay to look at the camera when I took a picture.

I take pictures most every day (and have since Clay was born) so cameras are nothing new to him. All of a sudden, though, any time he heard the camera turn on he would look in another direction. Every.single.time.

Now I have definitely learned a few little tricks for snapping pictures of him looking the direction of the camera (i.e. getting him while he's sitting down and can't run, hiding the camera and praying the shot I snap is of his face, having someone else stand behind me and distract him so he's not thinking about the picture being taken). I have also managed to get a few shots of him laughing and smiling but NEVER intentionally. I struggle every time I make a blog post or try to find a picture for a frame to find one of him actually looking at the camera and smiling.

He does the same thing for our photographer and it is so frustrating to try and choose portraits from a bunch of shots where he's not even looking at the camera. So...today when I went in to take some shots of Mike and Clay playing, Clay runs up to me, puts his hands on his legs and says, "Cheese!" I wanted to cry. Thank God!

I think it has a little something to do with a new friend he made a couple of weeks ago who loved to ham it up for my camera. Maybe a little jealousy got the best of my guy. Whatever it is- I'll take it!

And so, here's what my little boy looks like when he's actually looking at the camera and smiling for his mama:

And who wouldn't want to capture that sweet smile?

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

Can you say hear tbreaker? He is beautiful. I see so much of you in him.

Me and My Boys said...

LOVE this picture! Tucker is doing the same thing right now. So frustrating.

Anonymous said...

You are doing a great job with Clay and Carolina. They are both beautiful. And yes, Clay is a ham.

Anita/Nana said...

Perseverance paid off Brittany and that is one adorable face to capture in the lens. With Carolina's infectious smile, and Clay's sweetheart looks it's no wonder you take pictures everyday at your house. Hugs to all.

Raena said...

For the rainbow cake:

basically you just make any white cake recipe you have (or boxed, you'll need 2 boxes). separate the mix into 6 or so bowls evenly. color each bowl a different color (i use wilton gel dyes, they are really intense in color and require less dye.) get your pan ready (i use a 3in thick/tall pan that was a 12ins round). pour in each color in a swirl pattern. bake as usual. i used an icing that was like marshmallow topping, it tasted really light and yummy.

ENJOY!!