Saturday, May 31, 2008

Intelligender Test


Since I read so many other blogs about people's favorite things, I thought I would share with you my experience with the Intelligender test. Here's a little blurb from their website to tell you about their product: "IntelliGender's G.P.T. is a simple in-home urine analysis similar to an in-home pregnancy test which identifies whether an expectant mom is having a boy or a girl."

When I was pregnant with Clay, I was beside myself wondering what he was. Our choices were: do an ultrasound or take a $350 send off blood test. Clay had his legs closed at my 12 week ultrasound so we had to wait until our next ultrasound (which was at 18 weeks) to find out . You can see why I was so thrilled to see a $35 test I could buy at the pregnant lady store that would scientifically tell me what I was having at 10 weeks (even earlier than an ultrasound can). Good news!

So I took the test which claims to be 90% accurate (and 99% for a girl). Assuming our last ultrasound is right, the test worked for us- it's a girl. I read a lot of stuff about how the test doesn't work and blah, blah, blah but even if it hadn't worked it was still fun to do and wait the 10 minutes for the results. And, it was right (I think...). So, if you're expecting or know someone who is, try this fun little test and see how it works for you!

2 comments:

jennifer said...

How cool if it does work!! Congrats on the pregnancy...2 is a lot of work but sooo much fun!

AJ said...

I want to try this! I am so excited you are having another baby!