Saturday, February 7, 2009

What a Deal!

I have always been a sale shopper and I love it when someone shares a good deal with me. One of my projects for this year has been to work on using more coupons and being a better sale shopper.

I read the other day that if the average consumer uses $7 a week in coupons that they will save $364 a year. I know that's just simple math but I hadn't thought of it as that much savings before. I could definitely use another $364 a year!
I will say that I've never really been a coupon clipper but I started when I became a stay-at-home mom. Now that coupons are readily available to print off the internet, it is so much easier!


I have found some great sites for deals and coupons. I think we've all seen those people on television who buy $700 worth of groceries for $2 (or something like that). To me, that whole system seemed a little complicated. Double coupons, triple coupons- I'm just not there (yet). I don't have a lot of spare time to sit around looking all over the web for bargains but if a blog already has them all in one place then count me in!

I made a lot of the children's Christmas toy purchases based on bargain blog recommendations. These women have made a business of finding the best deals and letting their blog readers know when things are on really good sale. They sell advertising on their sites and I get a good deal. It's a win-win!

Anyhow, I'd like to start posting some of the deals I find on my blog. So to start it off- here's deal #1:

I found this one at Freebies4Mom. Deal #3 on her list is a Johnson's Buddies Soap coupon. It's $2 off 2 Johnson's Buddies Products. I went to Babies R Us last night and bought two bars of Johnson's Buddies Easy-Grip Sudzing Bar. My final total was $-.02. They owed me 2 cents! The bars of soap are only .99 cents and the coupon is for $2 off.
It did take me a couple of minutes to download the special coupon printers and sign up for some different sites but I have found it to be well worth it. Several of the sites I frequent post giveaways and contests that popular companies are running (i.e. Proctor & Gamble, Kraft Foods).

Like I said, I don't spend a lot of time doing all of this. All I do is read the new posts when they show up on my Google Reader. A couple of times a month there are new contests (usually in the form of games) posted and I play them if I get the chance (or I let Clay push the buttons to play them and he thinks he's doing some "computer work").

This week I received a set of vouchers in the mail for a game I won on the Kraft website. There are tons of winners every day and my prize was vouchers for a block of Cracker Barrel cheese, a box of Ritz crackers and a jar of Planters peanuts. It's not much but it's free and the game only took 10 seconds or so to play.



Here are some of my favorite bargain blogs:

http://babycheapskate.blogspot.com/

http://wantnot.net/


http://bargainshopperlady.com/

http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com/

Good luck deal hunting!

2 comments:

Me and My Boys said...

I'm gonna have to look into those. Thanks for the info!

Anita/Nana said...

Brittany, you have always been a good shopper and a good saver! Way to make those dollars count!